Friday 3 October 2008

'Where I’ve come from; where I am now; where I’m going'

It all started on the 1st of November 1979, the day I was born. I spent my first six months of my life in Pontefract West Yorkshire were I didn’t get much time to grow up. I was quickly shipped off to a small village near Scarborough on the East coast called Hunmanby this is where I spent most of my happy childhood but once I was old enough to make my own decisions I started to map out my life.

My life has come on since the days of living in a small village, like moving to Leeds six years ago with my girlfriend. This was one of the biggest things I have done, I started out by doing several jobs before getting into the construction trade were I made some good money but unfortunately due to the credit crunch I was laid off. So there was this big wall in front of me and I didn’t really know what to do with myself to be honest, I had done an HNC in graphic design in the past but every thing had changed so much by now. Then I made the decision that the only way forward was to retrain at college, I started to look into an interactive media course which defiantly was the way forward for me. It took a lot of hard thinking and a lot of hard decision making but I finally got the ball rolling.


I would like to think I have some direction in my life now, one of which is making my girl friend an honest woman which is a really important thing to me and to go further with the band I play in which is looking good for the future. My other hope is to finish this course and to make a good carer with the skills I will have learnt over the two years.

No comments: